Phoenix Contact Cyber Security AG designs and develops innovative technologies for secure communication in manufacturing and process automation. Well over 1000 customers trust the mGuard technology to protect against cyber risks. These arise from increased networking and automation within manufacturing and throughout the whole value chain.
Pioneer of industrial cyber security
The company began as Innominate Security Technologies AG, the pioneer of the industrial firewall and originator of the mGuard product and solutions portfolio. Founded in 2001 in Berlin, we have been a center of expertise for industrial cyber security since 2008 as a 100% subsidiary of the Phoenix Contact Group. The company is situated in the Berlin-Adlershof science and innovation site, one of the most modern technology parks in Europe.
Phoenix Contact Cyber Security AG offers you the following range of services:
- Development and maintenance of the high-performance mGuard software system, which is the basis for industrial cyber security products and solutions.
- Definition and development of technologies and software components for the reliable integration of automation components in Industrie 4.0 architectures.
- Development and operation of a portfolio of secure automation cloud services.
- Support for industrial operations in the design, implementation, and operation of cyber security solutions.
With Phoenix Contact in-house development team we offer expertise in the core areas of Industrial Ethernet and security, embedded hardware and software development, and the integration of security components.
Phoenix Contact services are distinguished by a high level of innovation, technical sophistication, high quality, and reliability.
The mGuard product range
mGuard products provide a tailored security solution for your industrial network. The robust and industrial security appliances include firewall, routing, and VPN functionalities to protect against malicious cyber attacks and inadvertent malfunctions. Furthermore, they enable secure remote maintenance over public networks.
Depending on requirements, Phoenix Contact offers various hardware and software products for network security:
- DIN rail devices and PCI cards
- Portable hardware, desktop devices, and 19" devices as remote stations for mGuard field devices
- License options
- Central management software
- Secure VPN client
- Cloud solutions
Scope of functions
mGuard firmware offers the following functions on all mGuard security appliances:
- Stateful inspection firewall
- User firewall
- Routing with NAT (Network Address Translation) and 1:1-NAT
- High-security IPsec Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) for secure remote access
- Packet prioritization by means of Quality of Service (QoS)
- Integrity monitoring of Windows file systems for protection against malware
- Network management support
Phoenix FL mGuard rs4000
Robust. Reliable. Factory line. Industrial security, new defined Hard shell, secure core
The new fanless industrial security router generation mGuard rs4000 from Innominate's factory line convinces through reliable security and performance in a compact, DIN rail-mountable industrial metal casing. Due to its front-side configuration memory (SD card), the mGuard rs4000 can be quickly and easily put into operation, updated and exchanged.
High availability in a proven format
As successor to the industry standard mGuard industrial rs, the mGuard rs4000 is comparable to this model not only in its space requirements on DIN rails, but also in its functionality. The new mGuard factory line offers high-end industrial security in the form of an extremely powerful and fail-safe product portfolio, which is also ideal for sophisticated high-availability scenarios and complex security architectures.
Security for production
The mGuard rs4000 is very well-suited for the decentralized protection of production cells or individual machines against manipulations. Production installations can only be reliably protected through decentralized end-point security from sabotage and resulting production downtimes.
Industry-standard remote maintenance
To ensure software-independent remote maintenance scenarios, the mGuard rs4000 can be used as a VPN gateway for IPsec-encrypted VPN tunnels. Equipped with the respective VPN licenses, the mGuard rs4000 functions as a remote maintenance infrastructure for the secure connection of machines and plants.
At a glance:
- Robust, fanless metal casing
- Industrial appliance suitable for DIN rail mounting
- Designed for secure operation within a temperature range of -20° C to +60° C
- Ideal decentralized, fail-safe security requirements and highly secure remote maintenance applications
- VPN tunnel can be initiated from the machine (via software or hardware switch)
- Front-side configuration memory (SD card) for quick start-up, updates and simple exchange
- High data throughput rates via hardware-based encryption
- Redundant power supply (11-36V)
- Configurable in Redundant mode (two)
- UL 508 approbation
- Maritime Class Approval (BV)